This month there have been quite a few makeup items that have managed to creep their way onto my wishlist. I think it’s because I’m due a bit of a clear out of some of the old makeup that I have, which means I’ve been browsing some new items to add to the collection. Here are my top picks for this month…
- Spectrum Brushes, The Glam Clam I’ve seen these brushes all over social media and I’m feeling the need to get some of that mermaid loveliness in my life. Even if they just sit on my dressing table and look pretty they will be worth a purchase. Ha no but in all seriousness I’ve heard really good things about the Spectrum brushes and how they are a dream to apply your makeup with, so I am really wanting to check these out. Their stunning design is just an extra bonus which I’m sure will motivate me to spend a little longer applying my makeup each morning!
2. Nars Sheer Glow I’ve never found a foundation which I loved as much as this one. For me though, it is a bit of a splurge and something which I would use on special occasions in an attempt to make it last longer. It is the perfect balance between enough coverage, however not too thick so that it doesn’t sit well on the skin. It’s also got a nice amount of dewiness to it; I’ve often found that some of the higher coverage foundations can be too matte and sit in any fine lines which is never a good look – fortunately this foundation is not one of them! Since it’s my birthday coming up I thought i’d treat myself to Nars Sheer Glow again, because if you can’t treat yourself on your birthday, when can you?
3. Kiko, Unlimited Stylo Long-Lasting Lipstick, in Pearly Vintage Rose I’ve been a lover of Kiko for about a year now, ever since I first discovered it when I was out and about with a friend and we walked into their store in Bath. I was so surprised by the reasonable pricing, especially as the products were such great quality and they had such a wide selection of products available to buy. Whilst browsing, I picked up one of their kiss balms in a raspberry colour which I have worn to death; the formula is so creamy and it is perfect to pop on during the day as it is fairly sheer. I was so impressed especially as it was only around £5 and I think they had a 3 for 2 offer on at the time, meaning that I have been wanting to purchase some more KIKO lip products for a while now. Whilst browsing on their website, this lipstick instantly caught my eye, it looks like such a wearable blush colour and as the name would suggest it is long lasting. I’m hoping that this may be the night time equivalent to this kiss balm I already have, I’m going to have to go to my nearest KIKO store and see if I can get my hands on it to give it a try.
4. Nars Blusher, in Sex Appeal – This blusher is just everything I look for in a blush and after seeing it on the lovely Rachel Leary’s youtube channel (check out her amazing makeup tutorials here), I thought it is going straight on my wishlist. As i’m fair skinned it looks like the kind of pale wash of colour that would suit me and the makeup look that I tend to go for. I have found that some of the more striking colour blushes can be too harsh on me and well quite frankly, they just don’t do me any favours. I’ve never actually had a Nars blush before but I have used their infamous laguna bronzer which I loved and was really impressed with the natural finish it gave, so I’m hoping this one will be just as impressive too.
5. Velour Lashes, WINGing – I’ve been ‘eyeing up’ these eyelashes every since I first saw them on Instagram and thought that their products looked insane. Velour specialise in mink and silk lashes, which look so realistic and natural, I just thought I have to get my hands on some. Although they are on the pricey side (prices start from around £15) they are something which I definitely think would be worth investing in for a special occasion. I’m hoping to invest in these WINGing style which look right up my street as they wing out at the sides to add a bit more volume, which I think is the most natural and flattering style on me. Now I just need to find a special occasion to wear these to… *note to friends* someone have a wedding ASAP, so that I can wear these!